We are a small glassblowing studio that focuses on decorative glass lighting. The work is fast paced and varied - we supply hundreds of well known and less well known customers across the world with our well made, high end products. We are a small team (5 full time /3 part time) working out of a clean, purpose designed warehouse & office (open plan, combined). We are dedicated to our work, our standards and the growth of our company. We run a business with lots of different roles/tasks that all staff (including directors) are fully involved with.
Job Title: Full/part time experienced glassblower
Starting salary: Dependent on experience and hours
- 8.30am > 5.00pm
- Monday > Friday (TBC)
Skills needed/responsibilities (training to make our ranges provided):
- Batch producing our products to an extremely high standard. You will require an exacting eye for detail and a passion
for well executed craftsmanship.
- The ability to independently free-blow our shades repetitively. See rothschildbickers.com/products Training will be
provided and obviously we understand a certain amount of transition time would be expected, but applicants will need a
high level of skill.
- You must be experienced and comfortable using rod colour.
- Technical knowledge of furnaces/glory holes and other hot workshop equipment.
- The ability to fit in harmoniously with our existing team.
- Basic computer literacy.
Initial expressions of interest should be made via email to firstname.lastname@example.org sending us your up to date CV (to also
detail training and previous glassblowing experience), photographic examples of pieces that you have made, and professional references (preferably from a glassblowing background.) We will acknowledge receipt of your email. If you do not hear from us within 3 days please re-send your email or give us a call.
We will then call suitable applicants in for a ½ day trial (expenses will be paid, date TBC) and interview. This will involve a technical
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS: 16th MAY 2014.
Rothschild & Bickers Ltd.
Registered office & studio
Unit 7, Great Northern Works, Hartham Lane
UK-Hertford SG14 1QN UK
+44 (0) 1992-677 292